Our mission is to help create a welcoming environment for all parishioners and visitors attending St. Bernard Church.
- New members of our community who register are sent a welcome packet, which the Welcoming Committee put together, and a letter signed by Fr. Rick. Then a member of our committee calls each new parishioner to make sure they received the welcome packet and to find out if they have any other questions.
- The brochure racks in the front of the church are supplied and maintained by the Welcoming Committee. Parishioners and visitors, who use the brochures, are asked to make donations towards the cost of the brochures by using the envelopes in the racks and placing them in the collection baskets during the weekend masses..
- Social/Spiritual trips are planned to facilitate friendships between parishioners. In the past three years we have organized trips to Radio City Music Hall in New York City, Bright Lights in Springfield, two trips to the National Shrine of Our Lady of LaSalette in Attleboro, Massachusetts, and a sunset cruise on the Agia out of Mystic Seaport.
- Our committee decorates the Peace Tree at the beginning of Advent, which includes the names of military parishioners. Parishioners can take a name from the tree during the penitential service at the beginning of Advent so they can pray for that military person during the Christmas season.
- Christmas Carol Sing events are planned with Fr. Rick and then the committee sets everything up for singing at the crèche in front of the rectory, open house at the rectory, and refreshments in the Church Hall.
- An Appreciation Reception for all Ushers, Lectors and Eucharistic Ministers is given by the Welcoming Committee in February to thank all those people who help us make parishioners and visitors feel “at home” at St. Bernard Church.