St. Bernard Church Summer Improvements
Work Is Underway!
From Monday, July 11th to early August, Mass at St. Bernard Church will be held in the air-conditioned Hall on the regular weekend and mid-week schedule.
Due to your continued financial support and the generous gift from the estate of Arline Ramsdell, your Building Committee has recommended and the Finance Council has approved major work both inside and outside St. Bernard Church, all of which we have been able to schedule in the same time period:
1. All capitals, including the upper capitals (on top of the pillars), will be highlighted with brilliant gold effect.
2. All the interior arches will be completed with the decorative finish similar to the Sanctuary arch.
3. The wall behind the Tabernacle will be repaired to smooth out the finish (at no additional cost).
4. The two south murals (as you exit the Church on the sides) will be professionally cleaned with border around the perimeters.
5. Six cracked stained glass windows will be removed and professionally repaired. This also includes repair of the “Sacred Heart” window in the Chapel of the Parish Center.
6. The exterior cement front deck of the Church will be removed with the underground drainage beneath the deck attached to the east side drain under the lawn. New front railings will be installed.
7. The handicapped ramp deck will be removed and replaced with a new deck with ADA compliant railings.
8. The crumbling west side cement walk behind the Church to the Parish Center will be removed and replaced.
9. The Parish Center east side steps will be removed and replaced.
10. In addition, the garage at 32 School Street was recently removed as recommended by the Building Committee due to lack of structural integrity and that rear retaining wall will be replaced in mid-June.
May God continue to bless you for your generosity and support!